Participate from anywhere in the world.
The mentored Chilled Out Child facilitator training programme is designed to help you develop your own meditation practice and guide you on how to share meditation and mindfulness techniques with children and teenagers either in your own home, community settings or in within a school environment.
- Would you like to learn how to meditate?
- Are you curious about mindfulness and how it can enhance your life and the lives of those around you?
- Have you heard of emotional freedom tapping? Would you like to develop your own meditation practice?
- Have you ever thought about starting your own business teaching and inspiring children and teenagers to live a life influenced by compassion towards themselves and others?
- Would you like to teach children the power of gratitude for life’s big and small wins, help them develop healthy resilience to life’s big and small challenges and equip them with practical stress management tools which they can call upon now and in the future as adults?
How often have you researched courses, only to realise that participation will cost you a fortune? Have you ever thought that because you are not living in a big city, there is less opportunity to study courses of interest. Maybe the travelling time to the course venue would be too long, too costly and become too challenging. Studying from the comfort of your own home could be the answer.
With this in mind, I have developed the only online, mentored meditation and mindfulness facilitator training programme to help you develop your own meditation practice, teach meditation, mindfulness, simple meridian tapping techniques for emotional freedom and practical stress management techniques, to children and teenagers, regardless of where you are living in the world.
There are only two requirements for participation; the first one is you will have to have access to the internet and the second one is, you will need the desire to learn how to bring more calm, clarity and connection into your own life and share these life skills with children and teenagers.
This course also integrates the use of scientifically proven energy healing practices like emotional freedom tapping into the training, to provide you with a practical toolkit for helping children and teenagers manage anxiety and deal with stress.
Watch a short video highlighting some of the topics we discuss during the training.
Follow this link to read testimonials from past students, some of whom have described the training as positively life changing.
The next start date for this mentored distance learning programme is the 4th February 2019.
Who is the training suitable for?
- Mums, dads, carers, social workers, counsellors, holistic therapists and anyone who wishes to help children manage stress and anxiety.
- Anyone who wishes to develop their own meditation and mindfulness practice and include meditation, relaxation and mindfulness techniques within daily home life and/or offer adapted mindfulness classes for children at private yoga studios, schools and other community settings.
- School teachers who aim to use child friendly meditation and mindfulness techniques in their classroom.
- Anyone who is already working with children in a professional capacity and who would like to introduce mindfulness to what they are already offering.
The training consists of the following components:
- The foundations of meditation and mindfulness practice for family life (4 modules) and the art of bringing meditation and mindfulness to the wider community (8 modules).
- You will receive the art of teaching meditation and mindfulness to the wider community training manual which is filled with over 80 pages of inspiring and useful information, a short e-book, mentoring via email and webinar training sessions.
- You will need to complete homework assignments, participate in self reflection and complete a final teaching project to receive your certificate.
Level 1: The foundations of meditation and mindfulness practice for family life.
If you are keen to include meditation and mindful living into your life and the lives of family members around you, the foundations of meditation and mindfulness practice for family life is an excellent introduction and a good starting point.
These comprehensive modules cover topics such as:
- Stress and anxiety and how they affect us physically, mentally and energetically.
- Meditation and what it is.
- The types of meditation and how to find a style of meditation that suits you, so that you feel inspired to develop your own meditation practice.
- Introduction to guided imagery and how to write your own meditation scripts.
- Introduction to mindfulness and enjoying mindfulness as a family (including mindful movement as inspired by the ten mindful movements by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Creating a home practice for the whole family.
Each module consists of notes for you to print out and keep, an inspiring email with links to further research and useful information to support your learning journey. There is a supportive Facebook group for past and present students.
Level 2: The art of bringing meditation and mindfulness to the wider community.
These modules are an inspiring programme of comprehensive meditation and mindfulness mentoring and facilitator training. Level two is suitable for anyone currently working with children and or families who wish to include meditation and mindfulness as part of what they offer in their current role or those who have completed Level one of the Chilled Out Child programme and who wish to set up classes in the community.
You will receive a training manual as well as a weekly email containing links to articles, further research and training videos. You will also have the opportunity to participate in group training webinars every couple of weeks, as well as individual online mentoring sessions. Email support is available as you need it. You can also reach out to past and current students via the supportive Facebook group.
We will cover topics such as:
- A deeper look at developing your own meditation practice including the history and philosophy of meditation.
- A deeper look at guided imagery and recap how to write your own meditation scripts for mixed age groups and individuals.
- A deeper look at the science of mindfulness.
- Introduction to yoga and postures that are safe and easily shared at home, in the community and in a classroom environment using chairs and tables as props.
- Exploring individual learning styles and how they may influence your teaching style.
- Structuring meditation classes to be taught at schools and other community settings.
- Teaching different age groups and family groups.
- Compassionate communication.
- Art, colour therapy and exploring the significance of incorporating art in to your classes.
- Introducing life skills, the art of positive thinking, affirmations and teaching gratitude.
- Storytelling and journaling as a form of self-expression.
- Taking a look at energy – introduction to emotional freedom tapping (Energy EFT).
- Introducing meditation and mindfulness to the special child (ADHD and autism)
- Meditation and mindfulness for schools and how to approach them.
- Introduction to the Business of Meditation.
If I wish to teach in the community how long will I have to complete the final teaching project?
On completion of all twelve modules, you will have six months to complete any homework and the final teaching project which includes preparing a class to teach either at home, at school or in the community. You can however complete your final project sooner once you have completed the twelve modules, but not before.
Support is offered via live webinars, email correspondence and via the private Facebook group for current and past participants of the programme.
This training has been described as “life changing“, “a precious gift” and “fulfilling and highly recommended”. You are advised to have a dedicated approach to self-study, including time spent on committing to your own regular mindfulness practice.
It is always recommended that you keep a journal of your meditation practice on which to reflect upon, as well as complete the module exercises, homework and eventually the final project. These activities are designed to help you develop the knowledge, experience and confidence required to share mindfulness with children and teenagers at home and in the community.
This course includes twelve comprehensive modules with training printables, email mentoring, one to one and group mentoring via webinar training sessions run by myself in the evenings or mornings (UK time) on a Sunday, plus a comprehensive training manual with over 80 pages of practical, fun and inspirational information an e-book and the Chilled Out Child Meditation and Mindfulness facilitator certificate.
Follow this link to read testimonials from past students, some of whom have found the training positively life changing.
Don’t miss out on special offers which are published on Facebook leading up to start dates. To keep informed please follow the Chilled Out Child Facebook page by clicking here.
Payment for the course is facilitated via PayPal only, which is free for you. We pay the fees. Once the deposit or full amount has been paid you will receive the welcome email, pre-course reading and an invite to the Chilled Out Child teachers private Facebook page.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via the form below:
Blog posts that might interest you: