Our Data Protection Policy
Data protection principles
The Chilled Out Child School of Yoga and Meditation is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals;
- and processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the Chilled Out Child School of Yoga and Meditation.
- The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for the ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually
Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, the Chilled Out Child School of Yoga and Meditation will not save or store personal contact information relating to individuals, who have participated in any of the training programmes beyond a year, from the date of signing up to a programme administered and managed by the Chilled Out Child School of Yoga and Meditation. By which time, the individual should have completed their studies.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the Chilled Out Child School of Yoga and meditation shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
- The only information held on individuals businesses (should they so wish) will be placed on the International Directory page of the Chilled Out Child website. Individuals can ask for their business information to be removed from this page.
- The Chilled Out Child School of Yoga and Meditation shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The Chilled Out Child School of Yoga and Meditation shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
Archiving / removal
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, the Chilled Out Child School of Yoga shall put in place an archiving policy for any homework submitted and in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why in relation to accreditation with professional bodies.
- The Chilled Out Child shall ensure that any personal data and data relating to homework submitted is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data and saved homework documents, the Chilled Out Child shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).
END OF POLICY